Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The R word



Is it possible that we are heading into a RECESSION???? Is that why you haven't been shopping? You've been tightening you purse/wallet strings. Heck so have I. But let's be realistic, the sales haven't happened like they used to. I remember days I'd see a sweater at the Gap for $50 and a few short months later that sweater was $15.99. Nowadays, a sweater at Express is $80 and a few months later it's probably $72. Message to you retailers - we can't justify buying a sweater anything over $40 when the weather outside today, Monday at 3 pm, and next Thursday will be a warm 60 degrees, which had been happening the past few weeks. So maybe we shouldn't blame the shoppers for the Recession, maybe it's the Retailers (who will blame the cost of oil) for being stingy with the sales. Or maybe it's global warming affecting the weather so I don't know if I really should buy this sweater now that it's getting cold or go ahead and get my spring stuff because it might be a balmy 62 degrees next Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning!! Get it :-)

TravelDiva said...

Good point Tilshop.