Thursday, September 2, 2010

Question to the Men with Relaxers

I saw a man today with a relaxer. His shiny black sweat laden hair distracted me. One question bounced around in my head and screamed for an answer like a two year old throwing a fit - WHY? WHY? WHY?!!!!!

I was quickly reminded of the Ivory Coast FIFA soccer player Didier Drogba whose distractingly shiny relaxed hair caused the soccer ball to slide a few times when he hit it with his head. (By the way, shout out to African countries in the world cup! Cue the vuvuzelas! Good job). Back then, I was asking the same question - WHY?




credit - http://www.fifa-tips.com/2010-fifa-world-cup-drogba-ivory-coast/

So to the fellas with relaxers, my question to you is WHY?!! What would drive you to put the conk in your hair? Were you frustrated with pressing your hair? Would it not stay straight after hours of blow drying and curling? Did you want your bangs to stop frizzing out on you on a rainy day? I really can't think of a good reason for a man to get a relaxer, except if your name is Prince (formerly the symbol, previously Prince, originally Prince Rogers Nelson). There's nothing wrong with relaxers of course. But on a man, it's just so questionable. For the fellas out there, do you make time to get touch ups when you have a relaxer? Do you get it done for certain performances, musical, theatrical, auditions for reality shows like Drag Race? If the latter, then I understand and you better work!


credit - http://www.churchofthecustomer.com/blog/2007/11/index.html





Ooooo!!

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

I could never date a man with a perm, it just doesn't seem natural to me besides, I like my men with either their natural hair or bald. Also, let us not forget about Katt Williams, Snoop Dogg, Morris Day, Andre 3000 (saw the old Outkast Video B.O.B where Dre rocked a perm. Let's throw in Rick James, even though he didn't have a perm, his pimped out braids never sat well with me.

Arias. said...

This seems so sexist. If Black Men can't get relaxers, then what is the logic that black women can? Aside from hypocrisy? Toxic feminism? You get to do everything a man can, but god forbid a man get a relaxer? lmao.